The Garden Junkie

The Garden Junkie

veggies & bloomers & annuals & perennials & garden stuffs

WELCOME TO THE FARM

Tuesday


The Birds and the Bees at The Garden Junkie today.




These two are very interesting to watch.

No matter what, they are always together.  I'm assuming they're a dating couple.
They love the black sunflower seeds.  I'm not sure what kind of birds they are.
I thought a sparrow that I haven't seen before but they are so much larger than the sparrows around here
The closest I could find on the web is Brown-capped Rosey Finch.  But they seem large for a finch too.
If any one knows for sure, drop me a line.  



 Then there is this guy.  Only one.  Arrives every early evening around 7pm and lands on the electric line.  Which seems awkward for his "water-bird" type legs. Plus, it's a big bird to be perched on a line.   And he (or she) "caws" for about a half-hour before giving up and flying off.  There isn't any bodies of water around the farm or this area.  So, I don't know that it's a water bird .  I like to know the birds in my area, so if anyone knows, let me know.





The flowers are coming into full bloom time.



Thanks for visiting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment